Air Conditioner Maintenance in Elkhart, IN
Air conditioning is essential for comfort during the hot summer months in Michiana. What do you do if your system is functioning but not at its peak? Turn to Church Plumbing & Heating for AC maintenance services.
Our team can visit your property, inspect your air conditioner, and determine the root cause of your system issues. Then, we’ll resolve the problem and make sure your AC runs as it should.
Air Conditioning Maintenance
Maintaining an air conditioning system can be a big task. Trust the professionals when you need AC maintenance service for your system. When you call us for service, we can:
- Inspect your condenser coil
- Check your refrigerant levels
- Clean your blower motor
- Replace your air filters
- Look over your electrical connections
- And much more
Benefits of Routine Preventative Maintenance
It’s always a good idea to maintain your AC system occasionally. Annual maintenance of your system comes with a wide range of benefits, including:
- Reduced chance of system failure: A well-maintained AC system is less likely than others to break down on a hot day.
- Less frequent repair needs: Catching minor issues before they become serious problems can save you money on major repairs.
- Consistent, cool temperatures: Maintenance checks can uncover small problems causing uneven cooling in your home.
- Overall system savings: Regular maintenance can keep your air conditioner running like new for many years and help you avoid the need for premature replacement.
Life Span of Air Conditioners
Air conditioners work for about 10 to 15 years before needing replacement. Regular maintenance can help lengthen the life span of your system. Well-maintained AC units can last up to 20 years and sometimes even longer. This translates to many savings in the long run.
Choose Church for AC Tune-Ups
Since 1984, Church has been resolving air conditioning issues throughout the Michiana area. We provide upfront pricing, free estimates on system replacements, one-year warranties on every repair, and 24/7 emergency services. You can depend on our well-trained technicians to get your AC working as it should.
Does my air conditioner really need a maintenance check?
Even if your system is working fine, it should be inspected by an expert once per year. Maintaining your AC in the spring before using it daily is best, but maintenance can be done at any time of the year.
How long does an air conditioner maintenance check take?
Our team can visit your property and perform a maintenance check of your AC system in about 1 to 2 hours. If we find any problems, we can fix them on the same visit or schedule a future repair visit.
What do you do during a maintenance service?
Our 61-point AC maintenance inspection was crafted to meet or exceed requirements of the quality maintenance specification every step of the way. Here is a summary of what you can expect when one of our highly trained air conditioning experts comes out to your home for your routine air conditioner maintenance:
- Inspect the system’s cabinet, fasteners, and panels for defects.
- Inspect for required clearance around the unit.
- Inspect the electrical disconnect for proper operation and defects.
- Inspect electrical connections and wiring.
- Verify proper electrical grounding.
- Measure and record line voltage.
- Inspect and test contactors and relays.
- Inspect circuit board(s) for hot spots or other damage.
- Inspect and test motor capacitors.
- Monitor and record amp draw on motor(s) and compressor(s).
- Inspect accessible refrigerant lines, joints, components, and coils for oil leaks.
- Verify proper refrigerant levels.
- Inspect refrigerant line insulation.
- Inspect the fan motor for free rotation and minimal end-play.
- Inspect the fins on the outdoor coil.
- Inspect condensate pans and drains for condition and proper operation.
- Verify proper airflow and temperature drop.
Our technician will inspect, monitor, and verify 61 different aspects of your air conditioner’s operation to ensure its longest lift and optimal operation of your cooling system. If our technician finds anything operating outside of quality standards, they’ll let you know what needs to be done to resolve the problem.
What To Expect
Discover the Difference
Local People in
Local People in Local Office
As a local company, we understand the HVAC and plumbing needs of our community. Our professionals are committed to bringing our neighbors the top-rated services they deserve.
Upfront Pricing & Quotes
Upfront Pricing & Quotes
We will provide you with an honest and accurate quote on every job and free estimates on replacements, so you won’t have to worry about running the bill up no matter how long the job takes.
Enhanced Labor Coverage
Enhanced Labor Coverage
You can rest easy when you work with our team because we offer up to 5 years of enhanced labor coverage on repairs and up to 10 years on replacements.
24/7 Emergency Service
24/7 Emergency Service
Sometimes issues arise outside of regular business hours. We’ve got you covered no matter what time your breakdown occurs. Our technicians are on call 24-hours a day, 365 days a year.
Church technicians are the best and brightest professionals around. We always provide service with a smile, and many of our technicians have received NATE certifications.
As an American Standard Dealer of The Year Winner, you can always count on the Church team to provide high-quality service and dependable solutions.
What Our Clients Are Saying
This was quite possible the best service call I’ve experienced. JD explained everything and worked with me so I could see how he worked through my radiator issue and we came to find a solution. He also listened and repaired my toilet so much better than the last person we had called out for the same issue. Church will be getting all my calls from now on. Thanks so much!D. Dodwell
Kristi was top notch and provided A1 service. Very professional and pleasant. As always Church Plumbing was able to work around my schedule to accommodate me and complete my services.T. Bay
I and my neighbors have used Church Plumbing & Heating for years and are totally loyal to this business because they deliver exactly as promised, efficiently and professionally, and at affordable prices. Recently, we had a seriously blocked kitchen sink, that one workman threw his hands up and said he couldn't fix it, and yet Church came out and fixed it in 30 minutes at a very affordable cost...Q. Martin
Nick & JD were right on time, very nice guys & made quick work of relocating our kitchen gasoline (they had to do some ductwork too to get there!). I really appreciated how fast Church could respond to my appointment request & how easy communication was the entire project. Will be using again, will even try to request Nick & JD if possible. Thanks so much!K. Peachey
Kristi was awesome! She drove an hour in a blizzard to come fix my furnace when I couldn't find anyone else to come help me so that we could have heat during this snowstorm. She was very nice and helpful as well!M. Murray